Sunday, November 16, 2014

This is my blog?!

It is called "Wandering Awed" because it seemed appropriate. It seemed appropriate because I really like this quote from Annie Dillard:

"I am a frayed and nibbled survivor in a fallen world and I am getting along. I am aging and eaten and have done my share of eating too. I am not washed and beautiful, in control of a shining world in which everything fits, but instead am wandering awed about on a splintered wreck I've come to care for, whose gnawed trees breathe a delicate air, whose bloodied and scarred creatures are my dearest companions, and whose beauty beats and shines not in its imperfections but overwhelmingly in spite of them, under the wind-rent clouds, upstream and down."

It also seemed appropriate because that is what I am going to be doing in a few short weeks. Wandering that is. A lot. I assume I will be in awe a lot as well. At the world in general. At the fact that I am wandering in it. At the goodness and light and wonderment and joy that I hope to run across.

That is all for now. This is my blog.



2 comments:

  1. This is an AWESOME idea! I cannot wait to wander vicariously with you and be awed by your wonderful words and peektures...I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you mom! I will follow your adventures

    ReplyDelete